Monday, August 4, 2008

Post #2, A Long Time Coming

Well, tons has happened in our lives since my first post back in March. Some happy, some sad, but the Lord has blessed us and made us stronger through it all. I have been hesitant to post anything because I am intimidated by blogging. All of my friends are either hilarious, creative, or thoughtful in their posts. I am none of those things. But, since many of you have prompted me to just give it a try, here we are again, attempting a blog.
As you may know, the biggest and most exciting news for us is that we have a baby on the way. We found out in late February that we were pregnant, with the baby expected to arrive on November 18th, 2008. We are absolutely thrilled and scared all at the same time. Here is a picture of our little girl, Isabella, when she was just a wee little one. She is now about a pound and a half, over 13 inches long, and kicking like crazy. We have a sonogram and a doctors appointment tomorrow to see if things are still moving along smoothly.

Most recently, we have been getting her nursery ready. We did not plan to get started until the beginning of September, but our furniture and bedding were delivered much sooner than expected. So, Lee and I (with a little help from my generous father), have rearranged the furniture upstairs in order to make a room for Isabella. We kicked the dogs, Macy and Max, out of their own room, consolidated furniture into other rooms, and cleared way for our little princess. Here are a few pictures of how the nursery has turned out.

View walking into the room.Dresser and hutch that we will use for storage and a changing table.Convertible crib with the new bedding. I have to say thank you so much to my generous parents for providing us with the entire crib, including the mattress and bedding. They have blessed us tremendously and carried on the tradition with us by this act of kindness. My mom's parents gave them the crib as a gift when I came along as well.We are excited about this crib, it will convert to a toddler bed, then to a double bed. We thought this was practical and can be used for Isabella as she grows up, for other children, or even for a guest bedroom someday.

I hope this quick little update provides some of you relief that I have finally started blogging. I cannot promise that I will be entertaining or consistent with my posts, but I will try much harder in the near future to keep everyone updated on our lives. Until next time...

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! So exciting! We are happy for you and happy you are blogging!!!

Betsy said...

Yay!!! Welcome to the blog cult :)

I LOVE the bedding! It looks so beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person. I have a suggestion for your next post: a cute prego pick of Lexi & baby Isabella.

Can't wait to see you in a week and a half!

Love, B

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! You are blogging - and a pro already! You did great, don't worry about what you "sound like" you sound great! We just love sharing the joy of whatever is going on in your life and mind and I promise it will be amazing to keep everyone up on all the joys in your life! The nursery looks BEAUTIFUL, I didn't know your bedding came in also, I just cannot wait to see it! See you soon! Love, j